Field Trip Driver
Do you want to utilize your driving skills for a part-time job that fits your flexible schedule? If so, the Field Trip Driver with the City of Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation may be the right job for you!
The Field Trip Driver is a part-time position (no benefits) with a preferred starting hourly rate of $15.35 (without CDL and endorsements) or $15.85 (with CDL and endorsements). The ideal candidate for this position will have a flexible schedule, be available on an as-needed basis, and have knowledge of schools and popular locations in Harrisonburg and the surrounding areas.
The Field Trip Driver:
– Drives the school/activity bus to transport students to/from special events and field trips;
– Performs pre-trip inspection of the bus;
– Reports operating and equipment deficiencies;
– Cleans the inside of the bus;
– Fuels the bus;
– Maintains discipline on the bus;
– Ensures passenger safety;
– Completes paperwork for each trip.
– High school diploma or GED. Some experience operating buses or similar equipment and in dealing with the public is preferred but not required, as candidates will be considered if they have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– A valid driver’s license is required (Commercial Driver’s License with School Bus and Passenger endorsements is preferred). Applicants without a CDL or required endorsements will be considered and training will be provided if selected for the position.
– Available and willing to work a flexible schedule and on an as-needed basis is required.
– Acceptable driving record as outlined in the City of Harrisonburg’s Safety Program.
Find out more information specifically related to this position at: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 09/13/2021)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.