Family First Program Coordinator
James City County’s Social Services Department seeks an individual to perform coordination, oversight, and programmatic supervision of services provided under the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) Program, as well as other state and local child welfare programs and initiatives.
• Oversees management of the FFPSA Program by ensuring compliance with all relevant federal and state policies and procedures to ensure seamless coordinated care of families referred to the program.
• Provides oversight to coordinate service delivery to families accepted into the FFPSA program, to include completing assessments, developing and implementing service plans that address the needs of the families being served, making referrals for services by being knowledgeable of local services and resources, working with community service providers, and serving as a client advocate in accessing services.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the program by developing outcome criteria, documenting services provided to enrolled individuals, and completing reports.
• Provides guidance to child welfare staff on required training on related FFPSA policies and procedures.
• Acts as a liaison to the Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court to ensure compliance with FFPSA policies and procedures.
• Conducts outreach, community education and training to local partners on FFPSA and other child welfare-related programs and initiatives.
• Provides 24-hour on-call supervision for critical programs and consultation on after hours emergencies for all Services program areas