FACILITIES DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION BUREAU CHIEF
The Facilities Design and Construction Bureau (FD&C) within the Department of Environmental Services (DES) is seeking a Facilities Design & Construction Bureau Chief with senior management experience in facilities planning, design and construction to direct the planning, design, and construction programs for all County owned and leased facilities. This leadership role will report to the Deputy Director for Facilities and Engineering and be responsible for long-range facilities master planning, multi-year capital improvement budgeting and scheduling, cost estimating, design and construction management and quality control, interior design, and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES OF THE BUREAU CHIEF
• Lead the development of facilities capital projects, including new construction and major renovations;
• Interact with County user groups and operating departments to address their facilities needs to be included in the County’s Capital Improvement Plan and annual operating budgets;
• Manage the work of a multi-discipline staff of nine professionals who manage all phases of projects from initiation and establishing program requirements, through planning and design, bidding, construction, fit out with furniture, fixtures, and equipment, close-out, and post occupancy evaluation;
• Provide project status information to County officials, citizens, and staff, including professional guidance and technical expertise to staff; and
• Develop and manage the section operating budget, performance measures, and strategic plan.
• Interact with County government staff, elected officials, private developers on complex mixed-use government/private projects and Arlington Public Schools on complex mixed-use schools/county projects, citizen advisory groups, and community.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Facilities Management, Interior Design or related discipline;
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience with complex construction project management, facilities planning, design, and/or construction program administration.