Executive Director — Tappahannock Main Street Organization
The Tappahannock Main Street organization is recruiting a full time, paid Executive Director. The Executive Director leads the activities of the Downtown Tappahannock Main Street Program to promote the vitality of Downtown Tappahannock as the social, cultural, and economic heart of the community. The Director is responsible for development and implementation of the Main Street Four Point Approach®, coordinates programs activities, and volunteers, and represents the community regionally and nationally. The Director works with the Main Street Board of Directors to implement the vision and mission statements and strategic goals and objectives of the organization, and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Director coordinates with Essex County and the Town of Tappahannock on economic activities occurring within the County.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• BS or BA degree from an accredited four-year college or university; (Master’s degree preferred, but not required);
• Entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, organized, independent while a team player;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and collaborative approach;
• Three to five years’ professional experience with responsibility in one or more of the following areas: historic preservation, economic
development, finance, public relations, design, planning, business management, public administration, retail, program management,
volunteer management or nonprofit administration and/or small business development;
• Experience with non-profit initiatives, including self-sustaining funding, in a professional or volunteer capacity;
• Knowledgeable of the Main Street Program Four Point Approach®, asset-based development, and how to implement it;
• Understanding of community design, history, and preservation issues;
• Strong supervisory skills.
Submit resume’ with cover letter explaining how your background fits the job and skills required, three references, and any supporting materials to Nicole Weaver, Office Associate, Essex County, Virginia, P.O. Box 1079, Tappahannock, VA 22560 or email: email@example.com. For questions or a detailed job description, contact Mavora Donoghue, President of Tappahannock Main Street, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit by June 16, 2020, 5:00 PM