Executive Assistant to the Chief of Police
The Executive Assistant to the Chief of Police performs difficult, skilled clerical, and responsible administrative work under the general supervision of the Chief of Police. Position also supports other areas of the Lexington Police Department as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of the functions and organization of a municipal government;
• Thorough knowledge of standard office procedures, practices and equipment;
• Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and grammar;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials, department staff and with the general public;
• Ability to work independently;
• Skill in the operation of standard office and data entry equipment.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and extensive secretarial experience.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects. Work requires climbing, stooping, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, and repetitive motions. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound. Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities. The worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Application forms are available at the City of Lexington, 300 E. Washington Street, Lexington, VA 24450, and online .
Applications along with cover letter and resume must be returned to the City of Lexington, 300 E. Washington Street or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on April 13, 2021.