Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
The Equipment Maintenance Supervisor performs difficult skilled and semiskilled work related to the repair and maintenance of public work’s tools, small engine equipment, light duty, heavy duty, and super duty vehicles and trucks, specialty sewer jetting, vacuuming and camera equipment and trailers, and assorted pieces of heavy equipment. Will also be responsible for the supervision of the equipment maintenance mechanic. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the public works general superintendent.
• Supervises and assists with the inspection, regular maintenance, diagnosing and troubleshooting of problems, and the repair of all of the
trucks and equipment owned by Public Works.
• Supervises and assists with the management and documentation of routine maintenance schedules for all vehicles and equipment.
Performs routine maintenance services, such as the servicing of brakes, addition of lubricants, replacement of filters, replacement of
fluids, and replacement of limited life mechanical and electrical components.
• Supervises and assists with repairs to all vehicles and equipment. Repair services may consist of the replacement of hydraulic lines;
assorted engine belts, idlers, and pulleys; brake, bearing, and hub components; transmissions or transmission gears; thermostats,
radiators, and water pumps; starters, plugs, distributors, and electrical harnesses; carburetors and injectors; batteries, fuses, fans, lights,
and assorted electrical components; air conditioners and related components; and other related hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical work.
• Supervises and assists with tune-ups or other performance optimization services for all vehicles and equipment.
• Supervises and assists with minor vehicle and equipment body repairs and painting; performs metal fabrication, welding, grinding,
drilling, and tapping services; sharpens mower blades; and makes repairs to hand tools and related items.
• Supervises, manages and records all out-sourced work performed to vehicles and equipment. Manages and tracks warranties for this
• Manages the storage and disposal of Public Works shop related hazardous materials.
• Capable of operating, and training staff to operate, a variety of large and small construction and maintenance pieces of equipment, to
include, saws, drills, hammers, dump trucks, rollers, backhoes, excavators and others.