Program Manager III
Campbell County is seeking a Program Manager for our Environmental Management Section. Campbell County’s Environmental Management Program has combined Virginia’s Erosion and Sediment Controls laws, and Stormwater Management laws to provide a comprehensive approach to preserve, and protect the quality of water in our streams, rivers, and lakes countywide.
Job Description specific duties:
Performs with excellence, the following tasks, including but not limited to:
• Responsible for overseeing local enforcement activities in the areas of erosion & sediment control, biosolids, storm water management, and flood plain management including supervision of employees working in these areas.
• Possess (or obtain) and maintain certification as an E&S/Stormwater Inspector, E&S/Stormwater Plan Reviewer, and E&S/Stormwater Program Administrator or Combined Administrator.
• Possess (or obtain) floodplain manager certification
• Responsible for stormwater management policies including development as well as enforcement.
• Responsible for related environmental planning, including acting as the County’s primary liaison with state and federal officials for surface water quality issues such as Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) studies and implementation.
• Participate in the Project Evaluation Committee.
• Work closely with the Community Development Director, Building Official, Deputy Director/Zoning & Subdivision Administrator, and other county officials regarding code compliance.
• Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of any vehicle either permanently or temporarily assigned for your use
• Plan and develop a schedule to attend re-certification and training classes as appropriate to maintain and enhance skills and abilities within the respective fields (includes self and other employees).
• Other duties as assigned.
Apply at https://www.co.campbell.va.us/556/Employment-Opportunities