Environmental Inspector I/II/III
James City County Stormwater and Resource Protection Division is seeking an individual to perform responsible work monitoring, planning, and inspecting a variety of environmental development programs for the County. There are three levels of Inspector distinguished by the level of work performed and the qualifications of the employee.
Inspector I: $38,527/ year or higher DOQ
Inspector II: $41,428 / year or higher DOQ
Inspector III: $44,545 / year or higher DOQ
• Perform compliance monitoring on private and County development projects in accordance with related laws, regulations and programs; perform preconstruction meetings for erosion and sediment control program requirements; respond to citizen inquiries about erosion and sediment control.
• Utilize PermitLink software, issue land disturbing permits and track progress of development projects; review and process record drawings and construction certifications for stormwater management facilities; compute, with supervision, performance surety on projects; review progress of guaranteed work to ensure compliance with approved plans.
• Investigate and report Damage Assessments as needed following major weather events; provide assistance regarding drainage and erosion control problems during construction, respond promptly to citizen questions, complaints and concerns relating to environmental and drainage concerns.
• (Inspector II) Perform plan of development reviews on basic cases for erosion and sediment control program requirements.
• (Inspector III) Perform plan of development reviews on complex cases for erosion and sediment control program requirements; compute and provide recommendations on release or reduction of performance surety on projects; case management of administrative or formal Chesapeake Bay Exceptions and administrative or local wetland board tidal wetland applications.