Engineering Technician II – Design
Under general supervision of the Supervisor, Water Main Design, performs routine engineering computations, design, and drafting of water mains and related facilities.
• Associate’s Degree in civil engineering or related field, or related certificate supplemented by coursework in engineering, drafting, surveying, and mathematics used in civil engineering, and a minimum of six years related experience in civil engineering drafting and design, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of civil engineering drafting methods, principles and practices, and ability to perform related tasks.
• Knowledge of utility and water main design and construction practices.
• Knowledge of survey practices and related computations.
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
• Strong knowledge of and significant experience using AutoCAD. Experience using MicroStation is preferred.
• Strong computer skills including experience using ArcGIS, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors and others.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.