Performs responsible skilled and technical work in support of the Service Authority’s engineering and planning projects. Primary duties include but are not limited to providing technical support to Project Engineers; performing field checks, scanning plans, conducting fire-flows, providing utility information to customers, updating reports, retrieving record drawings and logging in plans. Work is performed primarily for project engineers and often requires indirect level of supervision.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices and techniques of engineering as they relate to the design and construction of water and sanitary sewer systems; modern office procedures; computer equipment and software related to assignment (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, etc.); English usage, spelling and grammar.
• Ability to apply design and construction criteria of the Service Authority, Virginia Department of Health and Prince William County; read and understand engineering and architectural plans, maps and records; conduct technical surveys; assemble and analyze data; prepare basic technical reports; utilize AutoCAD for construction drawings and GIS mapping; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• High school diploma or GED supplemented by college courses in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science/CAD or related field.
• At least one year of experience in utility related engineering work.
• Or combination of education and experience as described above.
For additional details about this position and to apply, please visit our website.