Under general supervision of the Senior Civil Engineer, performs construction management duties, construction inspection and quality assurance on public works and development projects related to general improvements to public right-of-ways. Ensure compliance with State and Town standards, codes, designs and specifications.
Employees in this classification perform responsible technical work. The person in this position is responsible for inspecting developer and town construction projects; storm water facilities in town, planning, and surveying; reviewing site plans and building permits and maintaining all project inspection documentation and records. Performs related work as required.
• Associates degree or 2+ years college with applicable course work preferred, emphasis in engineering Equivalent years of experience in applicable work acceptable
• Three or more years of experience and/or training that includes general construction and surveying
• Must obtain Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector Certification and Virginia Stormwater
• Management Inspector Certification within one year of hire date
• Must possess confined space entry and OSHA safety and health training
• Must possess an Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control certificate within one year of date of hire