Engineer Technician III
This position provides technical assistance and professional level work to the Department of Public Utilities’ Maintenance and Operations Division, in particular the Wastewater Operations team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Supervises staff, hires, trains, coaches, councils, and conducts performance evaluations and disciplinary reviews and/or actions for assigned personnel as required.
– Provides technical and administrative support/information, guidance, and assistance to the Maintenance and Operations Division of Public Utilities.
– Coordinates and schedules sanitary sewer inspections and manages inspection reports. Inspections may include Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) inspections either in-house or contracted, Smoke testing either in-house or contracted, as well as any new technology that the Department deems useful for inspection.
– Works directly with programs such as POSM for CCTV coding, viewing footage, compiling information, conveying information to other City sources and external sources.
– Attends professional meeting on behalf of Wastewater Operations , including internal and external meetings.
Coordinates, prioritizes, and determines time, place, or sequence of operational jobs for inspection crews based on analysis of data or information.
– Represents the City and serves as the liaison in interactions with business owners, customers, as well as other Hampton Roads cities, and regional groups as assigned.
– Manages and coordinates construction and consultant contracts/services for the Wastewater Operations team, including but not limited to supplemental inspection services, annual Management, Operation, and Maintenance (MOM) report and program, Sanitary Sewer Evaluation System (SSES) Studies, and other wastewater related contracts.
VOCATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in engineering or a closely related field.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: In addition to satisfying the vocational/education standards, this class requires a minimum of two years of related, full-time equivalent experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: Specialized certifications may be necessary based on departmental requirements. Depending on departmental operational requirements, may also require valid driver’s license and driving record in compliance with City Driving Standards.