Our Development & Permits department is seeking an Engineer II to facilitate effective site development.
– A successful candidate for this position will be able to do the following:
– Review and approve development projects and drainage analysis.
– Assist design consultants and developers through the development approval process.
– Be able to review drainage analysis and DEQ stormwater compliance worksheet.
– Work with consultants and explain development design concepts and Public Facilities Manual requirements.
– Be able to work with multiple people on projects, ability to understand perspectives, and build relationships between the Departments.
– Following up in a timely manner with other Departments, design consultants, developers, and contractors.
– Assist citizens with questions and concerns related to site development projects.
A successful candidate will already possess proficient knowledge in DEQ stormwater requirements or be able to attain certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a closely related field.
In addition to satisfying the vocational/education standards, this class requires a minimum of two years of related, full-time equivalent experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is in compliance with City Driving Standards. Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) license desired. Depending on position, State and/or City certification(s) may be required.
Employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.