Emergency Communications Manager
Performs difficult skilled technical work coordinating and overseeing the automated records management systems as it relates to the Emergency Communications Center, preparing and monitoring department budgets, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the County Administrator. Divisional supervision is exercised over all personnel within the division.
• Coordinates and oversees the Sheriff’s Department automated records management systems as it relates to the Emergency Communications Center.
• Evaluates employees; receives and evaluates reports and recommendations concerning employee performance and disciplinary actions.
• Prepares and monitors annual budget and contracts for the operation, maintenance, support services, and capital improvement programs for the Public Safety Answering Point.
• Formulates long range plans relating to personnel resources and technological improvements.
• Coordinates the operations of the Emergency Communications Center with servicing and contract agencies including law enforcement, fire, emergency medical services, animal control and utilities.
• Coordinates the design, purchase, construction, maintenance, repair, and utilization of all radio transmitters, receivers, testing equipment, and all other two-way equipment operated by the Sheriff’s Department.
• Assures that the operation of the Public Safety Answering Point is directed toward meeting the overall goals of the law enforcement, fire, EMS, and animal control agencies of the county.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal policies, procedures, and security regulations.
• Coordinates the recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary process for Communications personnel.
• Supports and assist activities within the Department of Emergency Services.
• The ability to perform Dispatch duties.