The Electrician II position will work in the Maintenance & Operation Division of the City of Chesapeake’s Public Utilities Department.
The Electrician II will perform tasks listed below on a routine basis:
– Installation, repair, and maintenance of electric power, lighting lines, cables, and associated parts of circuits, both single-phase and three-phase.
– Ensures replacement parts and equipment meet specifications required to energize items being repaired or replaced.
– Performs periodic tests, inspections, and preventative maintenance of electrical systems and equipment used in the facilities operated by the Public Utilities Department.
– Performs corrective maintenance and repairs of discrepancies found during periodic tests/inspections of systems/equipment and ensures proper functioning after completing maintenance.
– Tests and repairs alarm circuits and motor control systems.
– Maintains records of inspections and maintenance performed by completing daily work completion logs.
– Operates, maintains, and performs minor repairs to emergency standby generators.
– Assists mechanical maintenance crews with electrical pump installations/repairs.
– Administers, enforces, and complies with OSHA rules and regulations including use of personal protective equipment Including arc flash rated uniforms and suits.
– Performs other related duties as assigned
Additional tasks may include, but are not limited to:
– Providing cost estimates on small renovations and additions to the Public Utilities Department’s facilities.
– Collaborate with outside contractors through project completions assuring compliance with codes and contractual obligations to determine materials and /or equipment necessary.
Qualified candidates must have experience which demonstrates: Knowledge of state and local electrical, fire, and safety system codes/regulations.
Lockout/Tag-out system and procedures