Economic Development Coordinator
James City County’s Economic Development Department seeks individual to perform responsible work conducting technical and administrative assignments in support of the Office of Economic Development and the Economic Development Authority.
• Staffs front desk and provides customer service to the public and staff in person and over the telephone; provides information on department policies, programs, procedures, and services; and directs callers to appropriate personnel.
• Performs technical and statistical research and analysis in support of department goals and activities; assists staff in preparing reports, presentations and projects; gathers and compiles local, regional and state property and market research.
• Develops and maintains database and files of County businesses and available commercial or industrial sites or buildings; develops and maintains industry-specific mailing lists.
• Prepares and uploads Economic Development Authority (EDA) agenda packets and materials for Directors, staff and the media; prepares and maintains the annual EDA meeting calendar; .takes complex notes and compiles meeting minutes; maintains records and permanent files in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; informs appropriate parties of actions taken during meetings;
• Serves as the department office manager; develops and administers operating records; coordinates activities with other departments and outside agencies, as appropriate, and provides general administrative support for the department.
• Maintains records of budget expenditures; prepares or coordinates the preparation of budget documents in accordance with prescribed procedures; completes budget transfers as directed; prepares monthly expenditure reports and reconciliation of all department funding and reimbursement requests.
• Assists with information and marketing updates, including but not limited to, department websites, social media accounts and newsletters.
• Schedules meetings and coordinates arrangements for staff meetings and appointments with other departments and outside agencies; assists in the planning, scheduling and execution of large-scale events in conjunction with County departments to ensure quality events.