Distribution Operator – Water Operations
Loudoun Water located in Ashburn VA is a public utility that provides water and wastewater service to customers in Loudoun County. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, excellent employee benefits, and a chance to work with advanced technology such as SCADA and mobile work force!
We are seeking a Distribution Operator who will maintain operation of pumps, storage tanks, pressure zones, PRVs, mixers and chemical mixing systems within Loudoun Water’s Central distribution system through the use of SCADA. Essential functions include:
• Operation of SCADA as it relates to public drinking water in the Central Distribution System, the transmission of water from various sources (Loudoun Water’s treated water, and its wholesaler, Fairfax Water), tanks, pump stations, and between pressure zones.
• Evaluate the flow of water between pressure zones, water storage tanks and pumping facilities, the use of pressure reducing valves, and active chemical mixing systems (PAX) within the distribution system and make operational decisions.
• Ensure water distribution system facilities are maintained and operated in accordance with the applicable AWWA standards and Loudoun Water policies.
• Ensure consistent operation and maintenance of tank mixing and chemical injection systems, including fundamental understanding of the systems and impacts to the distribution system.
• Assist Compliance (Water Quality) Division in monitoring and responding to specific areas within the distribution system
Requirements: High school diploma, and work experience in water distribution, reclaimed water systems, sewage collection systems operation and/or maintenance is desired.
Special Requirements: Possession of a valid driver’s license; Possession of or ability to obtain certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 6 months of employment; Ability and aptitude to obtain Virginia State Class III Water License. Be available to work “on-call” status. Ability to work overtime as required to carry out job responsibilities and duties; Ability to work shift work (up to 12 hrs.); Employees are considered essential personnel and therefore must report to work as scheduled under all conditions
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary: DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE