Director, Parks and Recreation
Summary & Scope of Responsibilities: Spearheading the new department formation for Parks & Recreation for the Town of Colonial Beach; inclusive of supervisory work in directing and coordinating town events year-round, seasonal scheduled work programs, grounds and facility maintenance and upkeep, department budget planning, resource management, civic engagement and public relations on behalf of the department under minimal direct supervision.
Reporting Relationships: Reports directly to the Town Manager.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Supervise operations, events and maintenance of Park facilities within the town of Colonial Beach, including amenities such as shelters, playgrounds, trails, gardens, offices, restrooms, etc.
• Preparation and tear down of park amenity reservations, permitted events and special events programmed by Parks and Recreation.
• Full-time and part-time departmental staff supervision to include, training, scheduling, coaching/counseling, evaluating and discipline.
• Develop, recommend, draft and enforce Park policies and procedures.
• Annual department budget preparation and monitor revenue end expenditures.
• Work collaboratively with internal departments and external partners for sponsorships, programming, and events.
• Proactive citizen engagement and response to inquiries/complaints via phone, email or in person in a timely, professional manner.
• Investigate accident, incident and vandalism issues and follow proper reporting procedures.
• Serve on community boards and associations as needed.
• Administer town policies and procedures as related to Parks and Recreation.
• Ensure all town parks and facilities are properly manicured.
To view a full job description and apply please visit https://colonialbeachva.net/