Director of Tourism
The Director of Tourism markets the City of Franklin nationally and internationally by working with City leaders and citizens on project and events. Additionally, the incumbent oversees and manages the Visitor Center and offer educational programs to the citizens of the community.
Markets area in order to maximize revenue for local area from national and international visitors.
– Works with owners/managers of local eateries, lodging, shops, and attractions.
– Works with community organizations on projects and events.
– Provide direction and full support to supervisors and employees regarding safety and health, job-training and hazard elimination procedures, and correction of identified safety deficiencies in accordance with City policy.
– Coordinate and recruit volunteers to manager the visitor’s center.
– Coordinates events with local 501© (3) organizations.
– Plans and coordinates City sponsored tourism related events.
– Speaks with the press and travel writers.
– Attends City Council meetings and City staff meetings.
– Participates in state tourism committees.
– Works with local stakeholders to maximize their ROI potential.
– Supervises visitor center staff and volunteers.
– Performs inventory/property management.
– Prepares and/or processes purchase orders.
– Manages or administers grant funds.
For additional information about the position and working at the City of Franklin, please visit the City’s website at
The City of Franklin is an Equal Opportunity Employer