Director of Human Resources
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The City of Charlottesville is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Director of Human Resources who are highly motivated and visionary human resources professionals, passionate about serving municipal employees, dedicated to superior standards and outcomes, and ensuring equity, diversity, and inclusion. The ideal candidate will offer impressive breadth and a track record for effectively leading positive change. A history of creativity and innovation in human resources is highly desirable. Confident in their talent and expertise, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously with minimal guidance and direction. This is a dynamic and hands-on position, directly involved in training, compensation and classification, benefits, discipline, strategic planning and other facets of human resources.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
– Master’s Degree or beyond preferred.
– At least 8 (eight) years of increasingly responsible experience managing or supervising Human Resources operations, programs or services.
– Extensive labor relations experience and knowledge performing human resource duties in a union environment with at least two (2) years of Collective Bargaining experience.
– Preference for SHRM-SCP or SPHR certification.
– Local government experience preferred.
**Effective November 1, 2021, all newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will still be subject to the weekly testing requirement.**
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information, including a downloadable brochure about our Community, City Government, and the position, and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.