Director of Finance
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Director of Finance in the Finance division. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to oversee and direct the activities of the accounting department. The Director will be responsible for guiding, planning, organizing, coordinating and managing all functions performed by the department staff. Essential functions include:
• Ensuring efficient operations of the Accounting Department
• Assisting with preparation and processing of the annual budget
• Preparing, analyzing and maintaining detailed and complex financial reports and statements.
• Ensuring proper internal controls are in place and maintained, compliance of all accounting /payroll activities with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
• Preparing special cost accounting reports
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is an exceptional communicator, with project management and organizational skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or public administration. Progressively responsible technical accounting experience demonstrating the required knowledge, skills and abilities, with experience preferably in government. An advanced degree in a related field or CPA certification may be substituted for part of the required experience. Maintenance of Professional Certifications.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE