Director of Finance
The Finance Director performs difficult professional work planning, directing and participating
in the Town’s accounting, payroll and financial recordkeeping programs, overseeing accounts
payable functions, preparing and maintaining the financial records and systems, and related
work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the Town
Manager. Departmental supervision is exercised over Tax Clerk, Office Clerk, Senior Office
Clerk and Utility Clerk.
Required Essential Functions:
• Prepares annual budget; collects data from departments and retrieves input from
Town Manager and Town Council.
• Assigns, directs and reviews work; handles hiring, rewarding, promoting, suspending,
disciplining and terminating department staff; evaluates staff performance and provides
coaching and/or counseling; develops staff schedules.
• Manages utility billing and collections, tax billing and collections and accounts payable.
• Maintains General Ledger; update receipts and journal, billing and accounts payable
• Processes payroll; enters information from timesheets; prints direct deposits; submits
state and federal taxes.
• Prepares financial reports and provides to Town Council and department heads as
• Submits state and federal tax reports and prepares various tax forms.
• Reconciles bank accounts.
• Prepares financial reports and analysis as required and requested by Town Manager
and Finance Committee.
• Assists in data collection for annual audit.
• Performs subordinate personnel duties as needed.
• Operates financial software, including installing updates and troubleshooting issues.
• Acquires necessary financing for capital projects and large purchases if advisable.