DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
This is an executive level, professional position. The incumbent is responsible for developing and administering a public relations and media program for the County, to include ensuring County governmental activities are communicated effectively and accurately to employees, residents, businesses and other customers; and manages community engagement initiatives. The position is responsible for support and coordination to County-wide departments and offices. A high degree of community engagement with residents is expected.
• Manages and coordinates the public information and community relations functions of the County;
• Supervises employees, performing related human Resources functions and completing necessary paperwork;
• Implements strategic communications initiatives and directives to support the mission, goals and objectives of the organization while fostering public awareness and community engagement;
• Coordinates accurate, timely, and accessible public information to promote a positive County image and public perception, communicate local government issues, and maintain public awareness of County programs and services;
• Serves as primary spokesperson for the County through all appropriate media outlets and communication channels;
• Oversees the governance of branding within Hanover County Government, as well as governance and management of internal communication tools;
• Serves as the principal advisor to County leadership and the Board of Supervisors on matters related to the dissemination of information to the public and media concerning the County’s services, programs and policies;
• Manages the development and production of County marketing materials, to include print, electronic/digital, and social media;
• Serves as the liaison between the County and media for press releases, media interviews, and press conferences for County departments and staff;
• Develops communication strategies and action plans for all major County initiatives and events;
• Provides assistance to County departments in responding to complaints or requests for information;
• Oversees the design and daily content/information updates of the County’s website homepage;
• Attends Board of Supervisor meetings, and prepared and presents materials as requested;
Hiring range is $90,000 – $105,000, plus excellent benefits. For more information or to apply, visit our career site at www.hanovercountyjobs.com (804) 365-6075.