Director of Budget & Management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Planning, organizing and directing budget development and management; forecasting revenues and expenditures; coordinating work with County Administration and department directors; overseeing the preparation of associated records, reports and budget documents.
– Serves as principal advisor on all budget and financial planning related issues; ensures budget execution is within limits imposed by Board of Supervisors’ action and policies.
– Plans, directs, supervises and participates in the development, presentation and implementation of the annual budget, Five Year Financial Plan, the Capital Improvement Plan, and related strategic planning initiatives.
– Present the budget and budget related matters to the Board of Supervisors, County Administration, department directors, grant agencies, and citizens.
– Oversees the preparation of policies; develops strategies and priorities; forecasts revenues, in coordination with Commissioner of the Revenue, and expenditures; oversees the preparation of instruction manuals and forms; established timetables.
– Evaluates economic trends; analyzes the impact of state and federal legislation as it related to the County budget.
– Monitors the County’s fiscal position; prepares and publishes expenditure and revenue analysis including recommendations on corrective actions required due to deviations; documents changes to budgets; prepares supporting justification and resolutions.
– Provides support to the Board of Supervisors, Finance, Personnel, and Public Safety Committees,; prepares documents and provides recommendations on considered issues; ensures follow-up is performed when required.
– Oversees grant management function, including fiscal agency provision for region partners, in coordination with departments and as directed by the Board of Supervisors and/or County Administration.
– Conducts a variety of statistical, budget and financial studies of expenditure patterns and revenue projections and other issues of interest; prepares presentations on findings and recommendations.