We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Sheriff Deputy that exhibit sound judgment, integrity, compassion, empathy, and a desire to serve the community!
Duties include but not limited to:
– Operating a patrol car to observe for violations of laws, suspicious activities or persons and disturbances of law and order; examining premises of unoccupied residences or buildings; detecting unusual conditions and maintaining surveillance and observation for stolen cars, missing persons or suspects;
– Responding to calls for assistance, complaints, suspicious activity, domestic disputes, loud and disruptive behavior;
– Serving warrants, summons, subpoenas, court orders, and makes arrests, prepares reports and testifies in court;
– Investigating crimes, interviewing victims and witnesses, securing property and evidence, documenting facts and incidents, and searching
homes and personal property;
– Enforcing traffic and criminal laws, issuing citations for violations and directing traffic for special events;
– Transporting prisoners to facilities throughout the state;
– Responding to inquiries from the public and providing information and educating the public on law enforcement issues;
– Providing law enforcement assistance to outside agencies;
– Providing supervision and assistance to dispatchers and trainees and assisting in evaluating and training trainees;
– May be assigned collateral duties such as civil process, computer support, court room security, K-9, etc. ; and
– Performing other related duties as assigned.
Please visit our website for more information and to apply.