Deputy Sheriff (Certified)
The County of Amelia is accepting applications for the full-time certified salaried position of Deputy Sheriff.
CERTIFIED – Deputy Sheriff – Full Time
Must have good communication and public relation skills, being able to deal with emergency situations and properly respond to citizens’ request.
• Enforce state law and local ordinances within the county.
• Patrol county for traffic and criminal violations.
• Respond to emergency and routine incidents.
• Prepare detailed reports.
• Make arrests.
• Testify in court.
• Assist local fire departments and emergency medical technicians.
• Perform other law enforcement duties in the field as assigned and needed.
Candidates for this position will also be required to meet the following qualifications:
• U.S. Citizen, 21 years of age.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Previous Military/Police experience a plus.
• Physical condition compatible to law enforcement rigors.
• Excellent moral character.
• Exemplary driver history and current valid operator’s license.
• Pass in depth background check.
• Able to pass State mandated training requirements.
• Able to work rotating shifts.
Benefits: Low-Cost Health, Dental, Eye insurance, life insurance, take home car, vacation/holiday time, overtime opportunities, Health Savings Account with county contribution of $1200 per year.
Minimum Salary: $43,750/ adjustment for years of law enforcement experience.
If interested in this position, a completed sheriff’s office application must be submitted to Amelia County Sheriff’s Office. Resume may be attached.
Applications are available at Amelia County Sheriff’s Office located at 16441 Court Street, Amelia Virginia 23002. Contact Stacy Rayley at 804-561-2118 for information or obtain an application via email.
Amelia County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer.