Deputy Director Emergency Communications Division
James City County’s Emergency Communications Division seeks an individual to perform advanced work overseeing daily operations of the Emergency Communications Center which dispatches calls to Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services usually in response to emergency situations.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
• Manages daily operations of the Emergency Communications Center; supervises work of Emergency Communications Supervisors and Emergency Communications Officers; ensures adequate staffing for all shifts.
• Oversees quality assurance/quality improvement process including review of computer-aided dispatch reports, recordings, and other reports to gather statistics regarding the proper handling of telephone calls and radio transmissions; oversees the development of training programs and training of Emergency Communications Officers.
• Practices effective communication with staff and co-workers; guides and mentors staff keeping them informed of issues related to management of the operation or assigned functions.
• Attends meetings and conferences; prepares and submits required reports and grant paperwork.