DEPUTY COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR – COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Hanover County is seeking a Deputy County Administrator, a key executive level position that has broad, independent responsibility for directing, coordinating, and advising on operations that help shape the future of community development. Hanover County has a reputation for being well managed, as demonstrated through a triple-AAA bond rating and a Senate Productivity and Quality Award winner.
The Deputy County Administrator will play a critical leadership role in the County organization and must be a collaborative and creative problem solver. The Deputy will directly interface with the Board of Supervisors, County Administrator, department heads, outside agencies and others regarding operational, long-range planning, and policy matters. Areas of responsibility include building inspections, general services, planning, public works and public utilities.
Requirements for this position include:
• Excellent leadership, communication and motivational skills
• Proven ability to interact and collaborate with internal and external customers
• Strong planning and engineering-related experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead organizational change initiatives
• Proven record of successfully managing complex projects
• Diverse experience managing and directing local government operations and administration
• A minimum of 10 years related experience
• Master’s Degree preferred
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit our career site at www.hanovercountyjobs.com.