• Provides patient care in all facets of a general dental practice.
• Takes history, vital statistics, and other objective data.
• Assists dentists with exams.
• Assists in the development of continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities and clinical protocols and procedures.
• Plans and provides patient education and case management to ensure patient compliance with the plan of treatment; teaches health promotion, disease prevention and personal responsibility for care.
• Orders and restocks supplies
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience in general clerical work in a medical or dental setting; experience as a dental assistant preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within six weeks of employment a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
• Knowledge of dental health principles and practices, wellness concepts, and community resources; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to provide dental care; effectively communicate both orally and in writing; work independently and as a team member under pressure in a fast-paced clinic setting; establish and maintain effective working relationships with dentists, physicians, nurse practitioners, other coworkers, volunteers, and the public; and work and communicate effectively with persons of various multicultural and socioeconomic and education backgrounds.