Delinquent Collections Supervisor
James City County Treasurer’s Office seeks an individual to perform experienced work coordinating the activities of the Treasurer’s Office Delinquent Collections Team and acting as a liaison between the Treasurer and third-party collectors.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
• Analyzes outstanding delinquencies, establish collection plans, develop timelines and objectives, and allocate resources; maintain collection statistics; evaluate program effectiveness; establish and maintain delinquent collection policies and procedures to ensure equity in treatment.
• Maintains inventory of cases needing advanced collection steps such as court action; develops and coordinates program to promote local tax education to the business community in partnership with Economic Development Authority (EDA); identifies high risk businesses to proactively monitor payments, maintains a database of such businesses, and takes appropriate action to contact and collect.
• Handles all higher level collection actions including but not limited to summonses, judgments, distresses and seizures; identifies high risk businesses to proactively monitor payments, maintains a database of such businesses, and takes appropriate action to contact and collect.
• Works with area banks and chambers of commerce to establish an open line of communication and education.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, public administration, or related field; considerable related experience including supervision.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems; Virginia State Code and James City County Ordinances as they pertain to the levy and collection of taxes; leadership techniques, principles and procedures to assign work, schedule, supervise, train, and evaluate the work of assigned staff and the principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; knowledge of and skill in using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; computerized accounting systems.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate procedures and work methods; interpret and communicate policies, procedures, rules, regulations, ordinances, and state and federal regulations.