Customer Service Specialist – Year-Round
Do you want to utilize your customer service skills and abilities to make a positive impact on citizens and guests visiting the Lucy F. Simms Continuing Education Center? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Parks and Recreation Department’s Customer Service Specialist position may be the right career for you!
The Parks and Recreation Department’s Customer Service Specialist position is a year-round part-time position (no benefits) and a preferred hiring rate of $12.76 per hour. The position requires availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings/nights, weekends, and holidays.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will:
– Interact with customers at the Lucy F. Simms Continuing Education Center to provide information in response to inquiries about processes or services;
– Monitor the conduct of patrons at the facility;
– Promote facility services and events;
– Operate assigned office equipment, including cash registers and computer software/systems;
– Collect money and issue receipts of payment;
– Reconcile cash on hand with daily receipts;
– Maintain daily records;
– Perform daily maintenance tasks on a regular schedule;
– Maintain the facility and storage areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
Find out more information on the City’s website: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. The first review of applications is expected to begin by April 29, 2022. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 04/20/2022)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.