Customer Service Specialist – Year-Round
Do you want to utilize your customer service skills and abilities to make a difference for citizens and guests visiting the Lucy F. Simms Continuing Education Center and/or Cecil F. Gilkerson Community Activities Center? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Parks and Recreation Department’s Customer Service Specialist position may be the right career for you!
The Parks and Recreation Department’s Customer Service Specialist position is a year-round part-time position (no benefits) and a hiring rate of $12.15 per hour. A variety of shifts may be available throughout the week and on weekends during operating hours. The position requires availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings/nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Customer Service Specialist:
– Interacts with customers at the Lucy F. Simms Continuing Education Center and/or Cecil F. Gilkerson Community Activities Center to provide information in response to inquiries about processes or services;
– Monitors the conduct of patrons at the facility;
– Promotes facility services and events, including participating in the set-up and take-down of items such as tables, chairs, and more;
– Operates assigned office equipment, including cash registers and computer software/systems;
– Other duties as listed in the job ad on the City’s website and as assigned.
Find out more information related to this position, including minimum requirements, at: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application (https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment), to include previous work experience and education history. The first review of applications is expected to begin by November 17, 2021. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 11/08/2021)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.