Customer Service Representative
• Provides customer service to the public and internal customers in person and over the telephone; provides information and directs patrons to desired areas.
• Completes registrations including payments; verifies cash drawer, closes out register and completes cash balance reports.
• Opens and closes the facility; monitors and oversees the facility activities; maintains the cleanliness of the facility which may include emptying trash cans, picking up litter, cleaning rest rooms, shelters and locker rooms; performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds and any facility structures; ensures compliance of facility rules, safety standards and sanitation requirements; inspects facility to help ensure the safe and proper conduct of patrons.
• Assists in the implementation of emergency action plan and responds to emergencies.
• Schedules the use of meeting rooms and coordinates group rentals for paying groups; assists with the setup of tables and chairs, audiovisual equipment as needed.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma (dependent on assigned location); some work experience which shall have involved assisting the public, general record keeping and handling money.
• Depending on area assigned, must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire, certification in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults, and Child).
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional, and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy.