Customer Care Representative
Do you want to utilize your customer service skills and knowledge to help ensure that citizens and local businesses receive quality water and sewer services? If so, the City of Harrisonburg Public Utilities Department’s Customer Care Representative position may be the right career for you!
The ideal candidate will perform administrative support work daily under limited supervision, have strong computer skills and be available during standard business hours Mondays through Fridays.
As a Customer Care Representative, you’ll:
– Receive a large volume of utility billing-related calls and walk-in customers;
– Accept and process payments;
– Receive and respond to intermediate problems or complaints pertaining to individual accounts;
– Compose routine correspondence and process return mail;
– Utilize a computer database to research information about existing accounts, create new applications for utility service, and to create work orders (connect, disconnect, action requests) for field response crews;
– Collate, sort, and compile fiscal data in accordance with procedures;
– Operate radios for dispatch of field service technicians in response to work orders of immediate assistance needs;
– Provide information to appropriate work crews;
– Perform related fieldwork for the Utility Billing Division, as needed.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 09/20/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.