James City County Facilities Maintenance Division seeks an individual to perform responsible custodial and manual work in the care and cleaning of County facilities, buildings, and grounds. Must be available to work weekend and evening shifts.
• Perform routine cleaning tasks such as dusting or polishing chairs, desks, tables, shelves, and other furniture; wash windows, woodwork and walls; gather and dispose of trash; vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
• Clean restrooms and restock supplies.
• Set up and break down equipment for meetings, classes, and special events.
• Close and lock buildings after late meetings.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of cleaning methods materials, and equipment to include the operation of heavy commercial cleaning equipment such as high-powered buffers and vacuums; equipment; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in developing and maintaining cooperative and professional relationships with employees and the public; effectively responding to routine inquiries and disputes; planning and organizing daily work routine; establishing priorities for the completion of work to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to use equipment and cleaning materials efficiently and economically; use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations and exercise good judgment to make appropriate decisions; listen and understand directions, information, and ideas presented verbally or in writing.