James City County Facilities Maintenance Division seeks an individual to perform responsible custodial and manual work in the care and cleaning of County facilities, buildings, and grounds.
• Perform routine cleaning tasks such as dusting or polishing chairs, desks, tables, shelves, and other furniture; wash windows, woodwork and walls; gather and dispose of trash; vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
• Clean restrooms and restock supplies.
• Set up and break down equipment for meetings, classes, and special events.
• Close and lock buildings after late meetings.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of cleaning methods materials, and equipment to include the operation of heavy commercial cleaning equipment such as high-powered buffers and vacuums; equipment; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in developing and maintaining cooperative and professional relationships with employees and the public; effectively responding to routine inquiries and disputes; planning and organizing daily work routine; establishing priorities for the completion of work to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to use equipment and cleaning materials efficiently and economically; use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations and exercise good judgment to make appropriate decisions; listen and understand directions, information, and ideas presented verbally or in writing.