Crew Supervisor – Stormwater
Are you searching for a career opportunity in stormwater that allows you to have the best of both worlds: leadership and field work? If so, consider applying to the Crew Supervisor – Stormwater position in the City of Harrisonburg’s Public Works Department!
You’re the ideal candidate for this working supervisor role if you are seeking a job where you not only participate in a variety of department operations but also have the opportunity to lead employees on the City’s and Public Works Department’s mission, vision, and values.
As the Crew Supervisor in Stormwater, you’ll:
– Participate in supervisory meetings by being an active member of the Street Division leadership team.
– Effectively administer City personnel policies and procedures, including performing all required documentation.
– Plan weekly work crew activities, including identifying work, time required to complete, materials needed, and labor.
– Perform full range of required operations with dump trucks, bucket trucks, broom tractors, pay loaders, skid loader with all attachments, flush truck, street sweepers, backhoes, salt brine application tanks, and related medium and large motorized equipment proficiently, as needed.
– Perform other duties as listed in the advertisement on the City’s website.
Visit the City’s website to find out more information related to the minimum qualifications for this role.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 12/16/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.