Crew Supervisor at Public Utilities
Are you looking for a full-time leadership opportunity that allows you to use your job skills and knowledge in maintenance, construction or utility work? If so, apply to the City of Harrisonburg Public Utilities Department’s Crew Supervisor position!
The Crew Supervisor in Public Utilities is a non-exempt full-time position with benefits and a preferred starting range of $19.93 – $22.92 per hour (equivalent to $41,454 – $47,673 annually); however, an exact salary will be dependent upon the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. The ideal candidate for this role will perform difficult technical and skilled trades work while supervising the work of a crew engaged in various construction, maintenance and repair projects for the department of Public Utilities (water & sewer).
The Crew Supervisor:
– Supervises employees and participates in predictive/preventive maintenance and the repair of water and sewer assets;
– Leads employees and is responsible for moving from concept to detailed and efficient resolution of issues;
– Organizes and executes construction of water and sewer pipe / appurtenances from blueprints to final product;
– Engages in various activities of the utility customer service agenda;
– Supervises and participates in off-hours first response (standby) team assignments;
– Performs manual and computerized administrative functions to plan or document work performance records, materials requisitions, costing summaries and employee functions;
– Performs as a daily mentor, trainer, and instructor for growth of subordinate employees in areas of teamwork and performance;
– Performs related tasks as required.
To find out more information specifically related to this position, including minimum requirements, physical requirements, and more, visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application (https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment) in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 01/21/2021)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & ICMA-RC), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an EOE.