Crew Member (Seasonal)
Are you seeking a seasonal opportunity that allows you to work outdoors while making a direct impact on the local community’s green space activities? If so, consider applying for the seasonal Crew Member position with the Department of Public Works!
The Crew Member is a seasonal position (no benefits) with a preferred hiring rate of $13.26 per hour. The ideal candidate for this position will support daily operations of the Pollinator/Urban Forestry Programs and perform a variety of manual labor related to the Public Works Department’s green space activities.
The Crew Member at Public Works will:
– Assist with greenhouse duties;
– Install and weed pollinators;
– Perform a variety of grounds maintenance, including planting trees, watering trees, mulching and trimming newly planted trees, removing ash trees and assisting the mowing crew;
– Conduct an inventory of trees throughout the City;
– Provide support throughout the department, including but not limited to assisting with stormwater best management practices and overseeing the Sheriff’s Work Crew to ensure they have all tools and equipment needed for the day;
– Load and unload materials, tools and equipment;
– Operate grounds equipment.
To find out more information specifically related to this position, including physical requirements and more, please visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application in order to be considered. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 02/04/2021)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.