Crew Member – Grounds
Do you want to use your skills to ensure the City’s Parks & Recreation facilities are properly maintained for the enjoyment of citizens and visitors? If so, consider applying for the Parks and Recreation Department’s Grounds Crew Member position!
The Grounds Crew Member position is a full-time position with benefits and a preferred starting pay rate of $13.06 – $15.02 per hour (equivalent to $27,164 – $31,243 annually). The ideal candidate for this position will perform work in a variety of installation, maintenance, grounds and repair projects.
The Grounds Crew Member:
– Assists with a variety of building, grounds and equipment cleaning and maintenance, including masonry, carpentry, painting, and related tasks;
– Assists with general landscape duties, including mowing, weed-eating, and trail maintenance;
– Loads and unloads materials, tools and equipment;
– Operates non-specialized equipment, including typical/simple grounds equipment;
– Maintains inventory of supplies;
– Assists with the preparation and maintenance of accurate records;
– Assists with snow and ice removal.
– High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Valid driver’s license required at time of hire. Obtainment of Commercial Driver’s License Class B with Air Brakes required within twelve (12) months of hire date.
– Obtainment of Virginia Pesticide Application Certification within twelve (12) months of hire date.
To find out more information specifically related to this position and to apply, please visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 08/13/2020)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & ICMA-RC), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.