Courthouse Facilities Superintendent
James City County General Services department seeks individual to perform high level professional and administrative work planning, organizing, coordinating, and supervising the courthouse facility. Work involves managing contractual services for the maintenance of the facility and grounds; budget preparation and management; coordination of purchasing and disbursements functions, managing information systems, and management of the facility insurance plan.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
• Coordinates the facilities work for the courthouse; performs maintenance and repairs to interior areas including but not limited to corridors, lobbies, offices, courtrooms, secured spaces, elevators, dumb waiters, telephones, intercom, video arraignment, heating and air conditioning, lighting, and vending machines and to the exterior areas including but not limited to landscaping, parking lots, sidewalks, signage, and lighting.
• Develops the courthouse budget, reviews with both the County and City for approval; administers the authorized budget and is the liaison to the fiscal agent; develops annual and long-range facilities maintenance plans; manages a system for providing purchasing and disbursement services to the offices; with the Courts, selects vendors or maintenance contractors; prepares contracts.
• Provides space planning assistance.
• Provides information system support to the offices.
• Manages the insurance plans for the building.
• Practices continuous learning through individual study, classroom training, seminars, and conferences.