Greene County is seeking an experienced professional manager to serve as County Administrator, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the County government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning or a related field; experience equivalent to a master’s degree may be considered.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of county government operations. County government experience in Virginia as a manager, deputy or assistant is desirable.
• Front-line management experience with a track record of providing effective and efficient solutions; project management experience is desirable.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development; designation or progress toward designation as an ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
• Short-term, immediate actions will be to engage with staff, review County policies and procedures, master the budget process, and get up to speed on active capital projects.
• Active and visible participation in community activities as a resident of the County.
• The establishment and fostering of strong relationships with Constitutional Officers, the School Superintendent and School Board, volunteer organizations and other community stakeholders.
• Responsive to citizen concerns and issues; listening, understanding and providing timely follow-up.
• Outreach to existing businesses to strengthen positive relationships with that sector.
• A commitment to open and transparent government; promoting a positive and interactive relationship with county citizens and stakeholders; encouraging citizen engagement.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary history and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at email@example.com. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin November 5, 2018. Inquiries relating to the County Administrator position may be directed to:
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (804) 338-8743