Grayson County is seeking an experienced professional to serve as County Administrator, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the County government. The new Administrator will succeed the previous manager who retired after five years of service.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Political Science, or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
• Five years of progressively responsible senior level executive management experience as a chief executive/administrator, deputy executive/administrator, or department head in a high performing, comparably sized or larger, growing community, business, or non-profit organization with a wide range of duties in operations and management; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of County government operations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practice of public administration, local government finance, public works, information technology, and economic development. An understanding of the statutory authority and requirements of county government. Local government experience in Virginia is desirable.
• Experience in, an understanding of, and an appreciation for living in a rural community with a history of balanced involvement in community activities and public relations.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA). Designation as an ICMA Credentialed Manager is a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at email@example.com. While the position is open until filled, the formal review of applicants will begin September 6, 2022. Inquiries relating to the County Administrator position may be directed to:
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (434) 444-3662