Mathews County is seeking an experienced professional to serve as County Administrator, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the County government.
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning, or a related field; a master’s degree would be a plus.
- At least three (3) years of successful leadership in the administration of local government as a department head, assistant, deputy, or manager; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of County government operations. Local government experience in Virginia is desirable. Private sector management experience will also be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practice of public administration, local government finance, emergency services, environmental management, and the statutory authority and requirements of county government.
- A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA).
- Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While the position is open until filled, the formal review of applicants will begin September 24, 2021.