Convenience Center Attendant II
James City County Solid Waste Division is seeking an individual to perform responsible work operating one or more of the County’s Convenience Centers for disposal of residential refuse and recyclables.
• Clean Convenience Centers; collect refuse placed on ground; sweep area and pick up litter.
• Ensure various materials accepted by Centers (glass containers, aluminum cans, plastics, mixed paper, cardboard and trash) are placed in proper collection containers.
• Operate solid waste equipment including stationary compactor, and pick-up truck.
• Inform citizens of County’s mandatory recycling requirement to separate recyclables from refuse before disposal at Convenience Centers; monitor compliance before disposal.
• Estimate size of loads of trash and accepts the appropriate number of coupons or credit/debit card charges required for disposal.
• Maintain daily records of the number of residents using the center and the amount of convenience center coupons collected.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within thirty (30 days) of hire a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Minimum of six months as a Convenience Center Attendant I or equivalent experience
• Completion of a heavy equipment certification class; through combined training with other County departments.
• Must possess a valid Class B Virginia Commercial driver’s license
• Minimum of forty hours on the job training; to safely and proficiently operate, identify and repair minor mechanical issues and perform routine maintenance on solid waste equipment, pay loader and excavator.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County staff and the public; courteously and effectively communicate with public and enforce regulations.
• Ability to train and lead the work of others