Convenience Center Attendant
James City County Solid Waste Division is seeking an individual to perform responsible work operating one or more of the County’s Convenience Centers for disposal of residential refuse and recyclables.
• Clean Convenience Centers; collect refuse placed on ground; sweep area and pick up litter.
• Ensure various materials accepted by Centers (glass containers, aluminum cans, plastics, mixed paper, cardboard and trash) are placed in proper collection containers.
• Operate solid waste equipment including stationary compactor, and pick-up truck.
• Inform citizens of County’s mandatory recycling requirement to separate recyclables from refuse before disposal at Convenience Centers; monitor compliance before disposal.
• Estimate size of loads of trash and accepts the appropriate number of coupons or credit/debit card charges required for disposal.
• Maintain daily records of the number of residents using the center and the amount of convenience center coupons collected.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.