FiberLync is seeking a full-time Controller to oversee its financial operations under the direction of the FiberLync Program Manager. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual with a broad base of skills to grow with the organization from the ground up. Join us in our mission to make affordable and reliable high-speed broadband available to the citizens of Orange County.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains accounting unit, including general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense recording, fixed assets, purchasing modules of systems, etc.
• Assists with development and administration the of annual budget; Oversees and assists with payroll processing and issuance of W2s; oversees quarterly and annual filing of various state and federal reports related to accounting, financing, and payroll.
• Coordinates the month and year-end close of the general ledger, including distributing revenue and expense reports.
• Oversees accounts payable process, including issuing checks to vendors, reviewing, and approving bill payment and issuing 1099s.
• Acts as primary contact for the audit firm; ensures the FiberLync audit is completed as required.
• Oversees compliance with travel, petty cash, procurement, and credit card policies, monitors and reports on cash flow.
• Functions as main point of contact for various banking and financing relationships for OCBA.
• Ensures compliance with State and Federal financial reporting guidelines and disclosure requirements.
• Directs purchasing system; ensures compliance with procurement policy; assists with development of RFPs and IFBs, including issuing purchase orders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in business, finance, accounting or related field and considerable experience in financing, business or accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Orange County, VA
Hiring Range is $65,000 – $95,000, Depending on Qualifications.
Position is open until filled; the first review of applications will begin on October 15, 2020
Applications and a complete position description are available by email request to jcord@FiberLync.net or calling 540-661-5345 EEO.