Construction Program Inspector
Do you want to make a difference in the community by utilizing your construction and inspection skills to enhance the quality of life for citizens and protect the public interest? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Public Works’ Construction Program Inspector position may be a great fit for you!
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work in both independent and teamwork environments to accomplish various tasks related to the inspection of construction projects for specification compliance, including water, sewer, street, sidewalk, and related City capital infrastructure projects.
As the Construction Program Inspector, you will:
– Monitor and inspect contractor and private developer construction, erosion and sediment control, and stormwater management measures to ensure quality and conformance to contract, construction plans, specifications, regulations, standards, and codes;
– Maintain the records of the inspections and related documents, including detailed progress and inspection records, permits, and plans;
– Coordinate construction activities between the City and contractors, analyze issues, and make decisions in the field to meet deadlines and resolve daily issues, including deviations or errors in regulations, materials, and other construction-related issues within the scope of authority;
– Verify the accuracy of grades for excavation, bridge work, and asphalt/concrete structures;
– Provide emergency response to cover snow and ice operations, as needed and as determined by the Public Works Director.
Find more information on the City’s website: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. The first review of applications is expected to begin by December 28, 2021. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 12/15/2021)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.