Conservation Easement Stewardship Assistant
Fauquier County is seeking a responsible paraprofessional and technical work monitoring and inspecting conservation easements held by Fauquier County. Notifies landowners, inspects easement properties, records photo points and observations. Prepares and distributes monitoring reports; reviews and evaluates easement documents. Identifies follow-up items or compliance concerns. Maintains complete transaction, easement stewardship and land management files for all new projects; works with staff, volunteers, and outside contractors as necessary to ensure that all land conservation transactions are adequately documented, including written reports, GIS maps, photographs and other means, as needed. Researches and reviews potential project opportunities through coordination with partners and other staff. Works closely with the Department of Community Development regarding permits issued; receives input from the County Attorney as needed for specific projects.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits package to include but not limited to:
– Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage at very competitive rates
– Up to 14 paid holidays annually, sick leave, annual leave, and personal days
– Virginia Retirement System pension plan & a life insurance policy 2X annual salary
– 457(B) individual retirement plan
– Access our Employee Wellness Center which is free for all permanent employees & dependents