COMMUNITY SYSTEMS PLANT OPERATOR (PART TIME POSITION)
Loudoun Water, located in Ashburn VA is a public utility that provides water and wastewater service to customers in Loudoun County.
We are seeking a Part Time Community Systems Plant Operator who will be responsible for operating and maintaining water, wastewater, and on-site treatment facilities along with their associated distribution and collection systems. Essential functions include:
• Maintaining facility function and making necessary process adjustments.
• Reading, interpreting, and executing all facility and department requirements, including adhering to all Operations and Maintenance Manuals, regulatory permits, and Loudoun Water Standing Operating Procedures.
• Executing process specific procedures, performing general housekeeping, and conducting preventive maintenance on associated equipment such as executing general repairs and making adjustments as needed.
• Operating valves, pumps, gates, and other controls associated with the treatment process. This includes operating and exercising associated distribution system valves.
• Calibrates, maintains, services, repairs, and replaces various mechanical, electronic, and electrical equipment.
• Collects samples and makes routine chemical analyses of water and wastewater at various points in the plant(s) to help monitor, confirm, and adjust the associated treatment process. This includes samples collected from the associated distribution and collection systems.
• Responding to customer complaints as assigned.
Job Type and Schedule: Hourly position up to 29 hours per week. This may include weekend work.
Benefits: Position is not eligible for benefits.
Requirements: High School graduate (or equivalent). Experience with water and/or wastewater operations and possession of at least a Virginia State Class 4 Water Operator’s License, or, a Virginia State Class 3 Wastewater Operator’s License.
If selected for employment, all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE